Our goal at Linworth UMC is to build a community of deeply committed Christians who love God and neighbor. We are a church that welcomes all people to encounter the risen Jesus. Together we assist one another in developing a faith that equips us for the challenges of our changing world and place our hope in the Lord.
The Core Values of Linworth UMC are:
- We value life-changing spiritual growth by inviting all people into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and the Church.
- We value and respect ALL persons no matter where they are on their faith journey.
- We value the God-given talents of each individual.
- We value the power of prayer.
- We value worship as an integral part of experiencing God’s presence through the scripture, the sacraments, music and the arts.
- We value Christian education as a tool for Christian maturity.
- We value an intentional “caring ministry” that nurtures and builds our relationships with others.
- We value God’s call for us to take action beyond ourselves and our local church by being committed to issues of social justice.
To be a diverse, intergenerational faith community committed to improving lives locally and globally through the transforming power of Jesus Christ.