Our goal at Linworth UMC is to build a community of deeply committed Christians who love God and neighbor. We are a church that welcomes all people to encounter the risen Jesus. Together we assist one another in developing a faith that equips us for the challenges of our changing world and place our hope in the Lord.
To be a diverse, intergenerational faith community committed to improving lives locally and globally through the transforming power of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Inclusion
Linworth UMC has a rich tradition of being a welcoming place for all people to worship God in a loving community of faith. As we are all created in God’s image and named as children of God, each one of us in our uniqueness and diversity reflect the unconditional love of God and God’s creative sovereignty.
Therefore, Linworth UMC celebrates that all people are of sacred value. As Galatians 3:28 declares, “There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.” As a reconciling congregation, Linworth UMC welcomes and affirms LGBTQIA+ individuals into the full life and ministry of the church. Furthermore, Linworth UMC welcomes and affirms all people regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, physical ability, socioeconomic status, or faith background as part of our community.
As United Methodists, we believe that all are welcome to participate in the sacraments of Holy Communion and baptism to receive the gift of grace given to us through the hope and healing brought by Jesus Christ. Therefore, at the invitation of Christ, Linworth UMC pledges to make space for one another, welcome one another, and love one another
as God first loved us.
The Core Values of Linworth UMC
- We value life-changing spiritual growth by inviting all people into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and the Church.
- We value and respect ALL persons no matter where they are on their faith journey.
- We value the God-given talents of each individual.
- We value the power of prayer.
- We value worship as an integral part of experiencing God’s presence through the scripture, the sacraments, music and the arts.
- We value Christian education as a tool for Christian maturity.
- We value an intentional “caring ministry” that nurtures and builds our relationships with others.
- We value God’s call for us to take action beyond ourselves and our local church by being committed to issues of social justice.