Garage Sale – CANCELLED FOR SPRING 2020
Each year Linworth holds two garage sales that see people from all around our community come to the church to benefit important Linworth missions.
The Mission of the LUMC Garage Sale is to:
- Raise money for the LUMC Youth Programming and Mission Projects
- Provide gently used affordable items to people in the community who need them
- Contribute items to charities (e.g. , New Life UMC, Salvation Army, Kidney Foundation…)
- Create a sense of community
If you would like to help and join in the fun there are many volunteer opportunities available including set up, sorting, organizng, pricing, repairing, moving furniture, measuring, sizing, greeting and orienting volunteers, helping with food preparation and serving, cashiering, assisting customers, and cleaning up.
CANCELLED – 2020 Spring Dates:
CANCELLED – Friday, April 24th: 9 AM – 7 PM
CANCELLED – Saturday, April 25th: 9 AM – 1 PM
* Tent opens at 8:30 AM on both days
Pick Up Policy
If you would like to help by picking up items for the Garage Sale, please read the Linworth UMC Garage Sale Pick Up Policy.
Monetary and Food Donations
We serve lunch and dinner all week and contributions of gift cards are greatly appreciated. In addition, we need cans or two liter bottles of soda, and bottled water. Other money to defray the expenses (e.g., the cost of the tent, dumpster, etc.) is also appreciated.
If you need items picked up or have any questions about the garage sale, please call the church office at 614-336-8485.
Items We Accept for Sale
- Holiday Decorations
- Floral/Candles/Knick Knacks
- Adult, Children, Infant Clothing
- Ties, Belts, Luggage, Purses
- Office Supplies/Media
- Arts & Crafts Supplies
- Sporting Goods, Toys, Games
- Small Appliances & Electronics
- Baby Equipment
- Tools/Gardening Equipment
Items We Do Not Accept for Sale
- Large Appliances
- Mattresses, Box Springs
- Torn or Stained Furniture
- Chemicals or Paint
- Console Stereos
- Old Textbooks or Encyclopedias
- Open Household Items
We ask that any items you donate to the garage sale be clean and in working order. We will have recycling bins available for electronics that do not work and for cardboard.